JOE SCHMIDT HAS named a much changed squad to play Georgia in the Aviva Stadium this Sunday at 2:30 pm.
Dave Foley and Dominic Ryan have been handed their international debuts by Joe Schmidt in an Ireland side captained by Eoin Reddan.
Dave Kilcoyne and Richardt Strauss come into the frontrow to partner one of two survivors, Mike Ross as he looks to regain full match fitness. In the second row, debutante Dave Foley will partner Leinster lock Mike McCarthy on his return to the international fold; while the backrow is made up of the dynamic trio of Dominic Ryan, Tommy O’Donnell and Robbie Diack. All of whom will be looking to carry the ball when possible.
At scrum half, the experienced Eoin Reddan is picked over Kieran Marmion and as captain. Reddan will partner Leinster teammate Ian Madigan at half-back as the Blackrock 24 year old goes out to showcase his abilities on the world stage, while Gordon D’arcy and Darren Cave fill the centre spots. In the back three, Simon Zebo is selected on the left wing again. Perhaps he will have to play a good game and get on the score sheet if he is to be considered for Ireland in the future. The other winger then is Craig Gilroy who plays for the first time since the Declan Kidney era in which he excelled. Playing fullback is Felix Jones, an exciting but reliable player who will start the Irish attack from the back field.
IRELAND Team & Replacements (v Georgia, 2014 GUINNESS Series, Aviva Stadium, Sunday, November 16, kick-off 2.30pm):
15. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster) 7
14. Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster) 5
13. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 7
12. Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 79
11. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) 9
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster) 11
9. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 56 (capt)
1. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 11
2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster) 5
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 42
4. Dave Foley (UL Bohemians/Munster) *
5. Mike McCarthy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 16
6. Dominic Ryan (Lansdowne/Leinster) *
7. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster) 5
8. Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster) 1
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 36
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 11
18. Rodney Ah You (Buccaneers/Connacht) 2
19. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 18
20. Robin Copeland (Young Munster/Munster) *
21. Kieran Marmion (Galwegians/Connacht) 2
22. Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster) 2
23. Stuart Olding (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 1
* Denotes uncapped player
Like Munster Haka on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/themunsterhaka