Live updates from the Senior Cup Final between Glenstal and PBC at Thomond Park.
- The wet weather may have dapened the surface but it hasn’t dampened the spirits of the crowd as the game kicks off.
- 5′: Glenstal penalty as Pres obstruct. Play brought up to half way.
- 10′: A Ronan Quinn rum brings Glenstal into the opposition 22 buy PBC win a penalty at the breakdown
- 13′: Glenstal scrum on halfway.
- 14′:PBC looking strong. They make good progress into the Glenstal 22 and win a penalty for not rolling away
- 15′: Sean French knocks it over. 3-0
- 17′: Glenstal penalty from a long way out. Ben Healy splits the posts
- 18′: PBC scrum inside Glenstal’s 22. They could make an instant reply. .
- 20′: And they do. Sean French drifts past the defence and dots down. His drop goal attempt goes wide. 8-3
- 23′: Glenstal get some possession inside the PBC half but Pres win a penalty for holding on and find touch by the 22
- 25′: Sylvester kicks out on thee full.Glenstal lineout on halfway. .
- 27′: PBC plot an attack from outside the Glenstal 22.
- 28′: Glenstal win a penalty and duly clear the danger.
- 29′: A string of Glenstal errors sees them scramble the ball away to touch on the 22.
- 30′: Glenstal scrum on halfway as PBC knock-on.
- 32′: Ronan Quinn looked to have gotten away only for a Sean French tackle. Glenstal will however have another attack as Ben Healy kicks them into the corner.
HT: PBC 8-3 Glenstal
- 40′: Sean French lines up a kick from the 10 metre line but it’s just wide.
- 44′: PBC scrum on half way.
- 45′: Some strong defence from the Murroe men puts an end to a promising attack. Glenstal scrum.
- 49′: Pres drill a kick into the corner. Glenstal throw.
- 55′: PBC scrum, five out.
- 58′: Glenstal knock-ons are fast becoming a theme of this match.
- 61′: Glenstal win a penalty and find touch by the halfway line.
- 64′: Glenstal fees into a scrum on their own 22.
- 66′: Glenstal make a rare break but PBC win a penalty in the resulting ruck.
- 69′: Sean French steps up for a penalty that would confirm glory. He gets it!!!PBC 11-3 Glenstal
- Glenstal kick out on the full as they try to launch a final attack.
PBC ARE THE CHAMPIONS: PBC 11-3 Glenstal
- Sean Scanlon-Garry
- George Downing
- Eoin Bergin
- Conan O’Sullivan
- Shane Downes
- Conor Booth
- Mark Fleming
- Rory Clarke (C)
- Thanade McCoole
- Ben Healy
- Ronan Quinn
- Luke Fitzgerald
- Jamie Mawhinney
- Tim Molony
- Jack O’Mahony
Replacements from: 16. Padraic Mulligan, 17. Patrick Prendergast , 18. Henry Downing, 19. James Fitzgerald , 20. Mark Walsh, 21. Andrew Walsh, 22. Aran Egan, 23. Declan Floyd, 24. Eoin Callaghan, 25. Andrew Hogan.
Presentation Brothers College
- Conor Burke
- Billy Scannell
- Brian O’Conor
- Adam McAuliffe
- Mark McCarthy
- Cian Fitzgerald
- David Hyland
- Jack O Sullivan (Captain)
- Gary Bradley
- Peter Sylvester (Vice-Captain)
- Tom Fitzgerald
- James Broderick
- Seán French
- Paul Buckley
- Jonathan Wren
Replacements from: 16. Alex Keating, 17. Kieran Nugent, 18. Eoin Burns, 19. Cathal Browne, 20. Eoin Quilter, 21. David Harrington, 22. Sam O’Donovan, 23. Harry Dillon, 24. Louis Bruce, 25. Paul Kennedy.