Ronan Calvert reports from Thomond Park
Welcome to Munster Haka’s live feed for the 2018 Munster Junior Cup Final. We will be alerting you for every point as St Munchin’s take on CBC in Thomond Park.
For full details of the game make sure to have a read of our match report a little bit later today.
- Kick off is at 2pm
- 1′: Munchin’s kick off
- 2′: Munchin’s pile on the early pressure, scrumhalf Donnchadh O’Callaghan drills a kick into the corner and CBC throw crooked into their lineout five metres out. A perfect start for the Shannonsiders.
- 4′: Munchins opt for the scrum but CBC defend the resulting attack well and kick clear.
- 9′: Some prolonged pressure from Munchin’s eventually forces a penalty. Darragh Long knocks it over from close range to make it Munchins 3-0 CBC.
- 12′: CBC’s first attack of the game results in a turnover as Munchin’s clear from inside their five metre line.
- 18′: TRY! CBC have done excellently since conceding early on and go over in the corner through fullback George Coomber. The try was left unconverted. CBC 5-3 Munchins.
- 25′: Break in play for a Munchin’s injury. Most of the play has been around the half way line since CBC’S try with neither side proving stronger in the first half.
- 30′: TRY! Munchin’s rumble over tight to touchline. Graham Kirwan the scorer. No conversion was added.
HT: Munchins 8-5 CBC
- 32′: TRY! Alex Wood, son of Keith, scores an outrageous try for Munchins. Darragh Long converts. Munchins 15-5 CBC.
- 45′: Munchin’s in control here with some lovely patterns of play.
- 54′: TRY! Could CBC still have a chance? Coomber dives over for his second try of the day. Munchins 15-10 CBC with just over five minutes left on the clock.
- 59′: Munchin’s defend well by the half way line and force a knock on from their Cork opponents. That should be that.
- 60′: IT’S ALL OVER! Munchins’ win 15-10.
St Munchin’s College: Josh Egan; Joshua Costello, Seamus McCarthy Burbage, Darragh Long, Conor O’Shaughnessy; Alexander Wood, Donnchadh O’Callaghan; Kean Sheehy, Joachim Clohessy, Kieran Ryan, Louis McCormack, Graham Kirwan, Dylan Higgins, Evan Hickey, Liam Neilan.
Replacements: Denis Bermingham, Nathan Walsh, Jonathan Kelly, Morgan Bateman, Diarmuid de Barra, Conor O’Brien Comerford, Scott Quilligan, Joseph Dougan, Shane Griffin, Kyle Luck.
CBC: George Coomber; Jack McGrath, Daire Burke, Patrick O’Hara, Ben McGarry; Andrew O’Mahony, Eoin Birchall; Alan McDonald, Luke McAuliffe, Corey Hanlon, Mark Ludgate, James Morrison, Patrick McBarron, Dylan O’Connor, Ronan O’Sullivan.
Replacements: Luke Buckley, Wanfred Waterman, Gavin Kennelly, Jason Ahern, Kevin Roche, Jack Kennefick, Tom McCarthy, David McPolin, Marcus Corcoran, Tom Maher.